Friday, January 23, 2009

Best Outreach Ever


My good friend Luciano Larobina, who I met when he won a Fellowship from my day job and took a workshop with us, is finalizing his new movie HavanaYork. I haven't seen the final cut, but he just linked me to his website where he is doing some excellent work on outreach before his film is even done. Something every filmmaker should do.

There he has great wallpaper downloads like the one shown here, posters, music, etc. You can sign up to pre-order the DVD, enter contests to remix music and clips from the film and my absolute favorite - download graffiti stencils that are incredible. Hands-down the best outreach tactic I've seen lately. The stencils are all in PDF with no direct links, but you can find them easily here.

3 comments:

Julian Perrera said...

is the whole thing only in spanish?

BNewmanSBoard said...

Well, no, actually. There's a button on the front page where you can select english or spanish and the trailer is subtitled.

Julian Perrera said...

All the contest links bring up stuff in Spanish even on the English site.

Not a problem for me because I speak Spanish... but kinda limiting the accessibility.

I like that the invented a phrase "Havan York", that's good google hacking.

Good concepts though, can't argue with that.